Nippon Management Research (IV)
Nippon Management Research (IV)
September 9, 2008
[China paint information] 1) the procurement department is responsible for the procurement of raw materials for factories across the country. Take Nippon China company as an example. The Department is only an individual, but it is responsible for the purchase of hundreds of millions of raw materials, which shows the high work efficiency. Of course, this department is also prone to corruption, but from the current situation, Nippon's management of this department should be effective. In addition, considering that the Department is prone to problems and in order to facilitate the allocation of resources among factories, it must also be listed separately and strictly supervised (instead of being managed by factories themselves). The manufacturing department is responsible for the production management and coordination of factories across the country. It has a "production" department, which is responsible for production scheduling, and a "quality control" department, which is responsible for product quality management and control.
3) the logistics department, whose huge sales are supported by huge finished product shipments and huge raw material purchases, resulting in huge material flow. In addition, Nippon has set up 11 factories and 36 offices nationwide, which has led to a sharp increase in the complexity and difficulty of logistics organization, Therefore, Nippon also lists the Logistics Department separately,
4) the administration department is responsible for the logistics support of each factory
to sum up, the organizational structure of Nippon China Group has been quite complex. The number of direct subordinates of the president has reached, and the management range has been very large, which has also led to a sharp increase in management difficulties. In early 2007, Nippon appointed a new chief operating officer (COO) to assist the president in management. Of course, another possible purpose is that the current president has been in office for many years, As well as the current bottleneck encountered by Nippon in China, Nippon may replace the president with the chief operating officer, so as to achieve the business plan of breaking the development bottleneck and achieving sustained and high-speed growth
among the professional departments in the above organization chart, there is a lack of an important department, namely, the technology R & D department, which indicates that Nippon China Group has not set up its R & D organization in China. The technology research and development of architectural coatings is actually carried out by PCTs, an Asian R & D center affiliated to the Lishi group, which is established in Singapore, while the technology research and development of industrial coatings is carried out by the Japanese coatings company. Therefore, the technical department of Nippon China group is subordinate to each business division, and its main function is technology application and technical service. New products of architectural coatings are introduced by Singapore PCTs, and new products of industrial coatings are introduced by Japan coating company
it can be seen from the above organization chart that emulsion paint is still the market area with the largest share and sales, while the development of other markets is not satisfactory for Nippon. Although the wood paint market has made progress, it is out of proportion to the energy invested by Nippon. Among the professional business divisions, only the original automotive coating business division, coil steel paint business division and general industrial paint business division are showing an upward trend, However, due to the limited total sales volume, it can not bring about a substantial increase in sales to Nippon. In general, the market promotion of Engineering paint, auxiliary materials, heavy corrosion protection and automotive touch up paint projects has failed, and the projects of powder paint, furniture paint, marine paint and plastic paint are in full swing. Whether so many projects can be carried out at the same time can ensure the maximization of overall benefits is really a doubtful question
II. Organizational system
(I) property right system
Nippon China group was established by Nippon group in the form of full capital contribution. Initially, the development of new enterprises was basically self built. In recent years, Nippon has also begun to establish new enterprises in the form of mergers and joint ventures. In general, Nippon aims to obtain 100% of the property rights of the enterprises to ensure its full control over the enterprises
(II) strategic management system
1 Nippon's strategic management process is as follows:
market research, market analysis, market forecast, formulation of long-term development plan, formulation of long-term development objectives, formulation of annual plan and annual growth rate indicators, and formulation of long-term and annual decomposition plans by all factories and offices
2 With the need to develop the paint market in an all-round way and the large number of subsidiaries in China, Nippon has set up a planning and development department in China to make a comprehensive strategic plan for the development of the enterprise
(III) organization and management system
then 1 The system of factory + business unit + professional support department is adopted. The function of the factory is to produce and manage the sales network in the covered area. The function of the business unit is to sell products and apply technology. The professional support department provides services required for production and sales
2. Implement flat system management,
1) management is divided into three levels. The highest leader is the president, under which the director and general manager are subordinate. The level of the director is slightly higher than that of the general manager. The director is mainly responsible for plant management and professional support, while the general manager is mainly responsible for the affairs of each business division. The director and general manager are respectively responsible for the managers of each department and the managers of each office. Nippon is able to achieve a large scale with few management levels, which is based on its advanced information management system. There are people directly under the president, which makes management more difficult,
3 Both cross management and vertical management. As a key retail business unit, its subordinate offices will report to the factory, product business unit and channel management at the same time. The factory is the direct superior, the product business unit and channel management are the functional superiors, and other professional business units only need to report to their business units
(IV) personnel management system
1 Employee recruitment
1) the employment department basically recruits by itself, and the personnel department is only responsible for handling relevant procedures.
2) there is no systematic personnel recruitment system, and the employment department has great decision-making power.
2 Employee training
1) there is no systematic personnel training system. The employing department formulates the training plan by itself, and the personnel department is only responsible for handling the relevant formalities.
2) employees can study and train in different places from time to time. Leaders above the middle level and senior employees enjoy overseas training opportunities. The countries where the training is held are mainly Japan and Singapore.
3) there is no personal career development plan for employees
3. Employee assessment
there is no systematic personnel assessment system, which is determined by the employing department. The Department and the business unit have greater power, and the business unit has greater decision-making power on the promotion of employee levels and positions. The 360 ° assessment system was once adopted, but it is a mere formality and has not been continued.
4 Employee incentive
the monthly fixed salary system is adopted. Generally, employees are encouraged by means of salary increase, year-end bonus and level adjustment at the end of the year. Generally speaking, they are less energetic and more secure.
5 Contract management
1) general employees sign contracts once a year, middle and senior employees sign contracts every three or five years, and foreign senior managers sign contracts with no fixed term. General employees still sign short-term contracts even if they have a long service life. The purpose is to avoid the legal constraints of China.
2) in addition to signing labor contracts and having many functions, The company also requires employees to sign a confidentiality commitment with it, which has the nature of overlord clauses The salary management
adopts the monthly fixed salary system. At the end of the year, according to the completion of the plan and the performance of the employees, the method of monthly salary multiples of the current year is used to pay the year-end bonus, which is generally two to four salaries and the maximum five salaries. According to the Department and level conditions of the employees, the limited reimbursement method is used for the communication expenses, transportation expenses, communication expenses, etc.
7 Welfare management
strictly abide by national laws and provide employees with various welfare benefits, mainly including medical insurance, unemployment insurance, endowment insurance and housing provident fund. In addition, according to the qualifications of employees, You can also enjoy laptop purchase subsidy "In the field of wind power generation and subsidies for the use of private vehicles,
8. dismissal of employees
1) employees need to be notified 30 days in advance of their own resignation, which can generally be agreed, and employees do not enjoy economic compensation for resignation.
2) the company dismisses employees in two forms: early termination of labor contracts and termination of contracts. The company generally gives employees certain economic compensation, but it will be much lower than the one-year salary equivalent to one month's salary The calculated amount of economic compensation
(V) financial management
1 the financial department can directly report to the board of directors,
2 The chief financial officer adopts the rotation system, which will be replaced once a year, each time by professionals with different expertise, so that his financial control over the enterprise can be strengthened in an all-round way.
3 Emphasize the control of capital flow, especially the strict control of the amount and cycle of accounts receivable,
4 Carry out financial inspection on offices all over the country once a year,
5 Customers are required to mainly adopt the method of wire transfer to Nippon account. Due to the current situation in China, they also accept customers' bills, but cash transactions are prohibited.
6 The salaries and expenses of the office are remitted by the Finance Department of the company on a regular basis every month. Nippon does not default employees' salaries,
7 Have a good reputation for payment to suppliers
(VI) technical management
1 The technology development is carried out by relevant foreign departments. The technology development of architectural coatings is in the charge of PCTs, an Asian R & D center. The technology development of industrial coatings is in the charge of Japanese coating companies. Nippon introduces the technology by purchasing the formula of Japanese coatings The technology department is subordinate to each business unit and is mainly responsible for the introduction and digestion of technology. The specific work mainly focuses on the formulation and improvement, supplemented by the technical services to users.
3 Local offices have full-time technical service personnel responsible for technical services to users,
4 It does not have the R & D and production capacity for key raw materials. Resin lotion is purchased by other companies.
(VII) information management
1 At present, an information management system covering the whole country has been established in the core factory.
Nippon's information management system has gone through three stages: MRP, MRP2 and SAP. In October2002, an SAP system was established in Nippon coatings (China) Co., Ltd. the system includes the following modules: fi/Co, pp/qm, mm/wm and SD. The project covers the financial, product management, production, sales, inventory and procurement departments of Nippon China, optimizing the enterprise process, To comprehensively improve the enterprise management level, Langfang Nippon Paint Co., Ltd. was successfully launched in january2004, while Guangzhou Nippon is only waiting for the appropriate time to switch,
2 In the retail product business division, the information management system has been extended from the company to the outside of the company. The purpose is to establish a network management system covering dealers all over the country,
3 The notes system is used as the internal written information transmission system, the Skyp system is used as the internal low-cost oral information transmission system, and the network is used to hold the video work conference,
4 Hotline and helpdesk systems are used as service support systems for employee services.
(IX) marketing management
1 Adopting the objective management method, employees need to formulate AB objective plans every year and conduct monthly comparison and inspection,
2 Monthly/weekly sales report system,
3 Control items mainly include sales plan completion rate, new market/user development progress, collection amount and collection cycle, inventory quantity and inventory cycle, expense proportion in sales, etc.